Saturday, July 23, 2016

Stonehenge and your first trip to Europe

Do you remember your first trip to Europe to visit Allison during her semester abroad?
A few weeks ago was the summer solstice. So I thought of our trip to England and Stonehenge. If you look at the picture of you and Allison you will notice the rope or barricade that prevents you from getting too close. On the solstice they remove that barrier so people can move freely in between the stones.
I also thought of Ft. Ancient here in Ohio. It is where the Hopewell Indians celebrated the solstice, and in their earthworks (mounds) they built portions to mark the sun at noon on the solstice.

The solstice is nice here at 1012 Treeside. I can mow the lawn with plenty of light up until 9:30 PM. I hope you and Jared enjoy your long ( not quite as long in NYC) summer days!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I made better hair and fashion choices on that trip

    ReplyDelete