Thursday, September 1, 2016

A Fashion Tip from the Father of the Bride?

I know this must sound strange but I actually have a suggestion for those wearing boat/deck shoes. I just received, from Zappos, my deck shoes for the rehearsal dinner. They are traditional Sperry Topsiders, oatmeal in color with the traditional white non-marking soles. But they also have the traditional leather laces, which are a problem, always coming undone!
My new shoes I have tied in a new way! 1. Reverse each lace end through the top eyelet. 2. Tie a knot right behind the top eyelets with each end. 3 Using a hanger thread the extra lace in the pocket on each side of the shoe. Voila! You have a neat boat shoe tie that won't come untied!
There you have it. Who would have believed it? A fashion tip from the Father of the Bride!

3 comments: