Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Go West!

One of our great family vacations was the trip west where we (mom) drove to Utah and saw tons of sites in between! It started with Mom driving all night because we did not have a reservation for that first night. When we all woke up we were in Mitchell, South Dakota (home of the Corn Palace!)
Next we drove on to Wall Drugs!
Then on to the Badlands (below), Mt. Rushmore and Little Big Horn!
Next was Yellowstone(The Yellowstone River)
Then Jackson Hole, the Tetons (Inspiration Point)
and the Snake River (family river rafting)
Then on to Utah, Salt Lake City (very stinky) and Dinosaur National Park (you wanted to be a paleontologist at that time). We started the trip back home through Colorado - Denver, Colorado Springs and the Garden of The Gods, and then across the endless prairies of Kansas, with a final stop in St. Louis. We spent a lot of time in the car! (Remember the white Dodge Caravan?)
What was your highlight of that vacation? For me it was Yellowstone: the animals (bear, elk, buffalo and prairie dogs!), the natural wonders (hot springs, waterfalls and geysers) and the spectacular scenery (forests,lakes and mountains.)

4 comments:

  1. Remember when I broke my toe at the hotel pool in Mitchell? Made for some fun hikes. Also! Just for clarification purposes-that pic of me and Allison in the white car is her jeep! Not the van... But I do remember it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I will find a picture of the Caravan and swap it out! I forgot about the toe too! Remind us.

      Delete
  2. I don't remember the toe incident. What happened????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I broke it in the indoor pool in Mitchell but we weren't sure it was broken till part way through the trip and there was nothing we could really do except put my swollen foot in socks and tevas

    ReplyDelete