Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day to you and Jared! Labor Day has traditionally meant, for me, the end of summer and the beginning of football! What does it mean to you? I do not remember a Labor Day without football practice until 1982! We always had practice, typically multiple sessions. Your mom's birthday always conflicted with practice. We always celebrated it, but often it was late at night and often ended with me falling asleep at the restaurant table. So I have always found Labor Day as a work day not a holiday. Since 1982 our Labor Days have been football practice "free". I hope that when we get back East we can begin a new tradition to end the summer! If we all were in Ohio perhaps we could have a poolside barbecue! For now I will have to settle for a beer with Mom, poolside. Still pretty nice!

1 comment: