Saturday, June 25, 2016

44Years

Mom and I have been married for 44 years today!
On June 25th, 1972 we were married in Sea Cliff, NY, at St. Luke's Episcopal Church. This was the same church that Mom's parents were married in as well as her brother Bob and his wife Jane. Mom and both of her brothers were also baptized there. The weather for the 5 PM wedding was fine. The preceding hours and days were not. The first tropical storm of the year, Agnes, was in full force. Two of my groomsmen could not make the wedding, as well as several other college friends from Pennsylvania. Our reception, held at The Renaissance Club in Roslyn Heights, was beautiful! Jane and I left the Renaissance (after a wonderful reception) and stayed the night at the International Hotel at JFK before departing the next day for Bermuda. 44 years later here we are anticipating your and Jared's wedding. The best wish I could have for you is 44 years like your mom and I have had together. I hope September 17th has no tropical storms surprise like we had!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 44th anniversary! Hope Jared and I look half as good as you on our 44th!

    ReplyDelete