Thursday, June 30, 2016

Softball

You were a very athletic young girl. One of the sports you played was softball.
You played second base and did a great job. I coached your team for one year, and then Mrs. Brown and Mr. Brummitt took over. When Mr. Brummitt coached he had Allison and her friend Sarah assist him.
I think you enjoyed it more when I wasn't coaching. It was kid pitch and finding pitchers was difficult. I remember in one game we were walking lots of people, and we tried many pitchers. You ended up being the only person who could suck it up and focus and get the ball over the plate! I'm sure it was a stressful situation for you, which may even be a bad memory, but I was so proud you were the one who could do it! I think you could have continued with softball in middle school and high school, but you instead chose to focus on golf. You did continue with softball for a little while as an umpire one summer! Do you remember that?

1 comment:

  1. Yes I remember that day! It was one of my favorite days of childhood. I also won some ribbons at my gymnastics meet and caught a ball at the Reds game that night!

    ReplyDelete