Monday, June 27, 2016

Indian Princesses

One of my absolute favorite activities we did together was Indian Princesses. If you remember, we started a new tribe in the nation, The Cherokee. Since we were new we had no older girls. We were basically a tribe of 5 year old girls and their dads. You gave me my Indian name of "Flying Bald Eagle" and I gave you your name of "Rainbow Dancer". We had great activities, but the best were the camping trips to Camp Kern. Do you remember the tribal campfires, "Pete's Tower", "the family tree", where we carved our names and "Hershey's Woods?" Here we are in front of the cabin we stayed in. I was the first chief of the Cherokee tribe and that was my tribal headdress.
We did so many great activities: overnights at the Rec Center, hayrides, tribal overnights at Sugarcreek, owl moon hikes, bowling etc. I loved it! Some of the fathers in the tribe became my friends for life. Christie, one of your bridesmaids, was also a Cherokee. For a year I was a nation officer, "The Feather Merchant" shown below in my full regalia.
We spent a great deal of quality time in the Indian Princesses. For most of the activities we rode together in my favorite car ever, the RX7. Do you remember the music we played on that awesome sound system?

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these pics and memories!! definitely remember over playing little mermaid in that car!

    ReplyDelete