Saturday, August 27, 2016

Boston; Your First Marathon, My Last- Running 2

A couple of days ago I shared some of the races we have run together, but the best of all was Boston! We ran the Boston Marathon as a part of Tedy's (Bruschi) Team to raise stroke awareness. Allison , you and I all ran!
What a bucket list achievement, for a father to run a marathon, let alone, the Boston Marathon with both of his daughters! You went on and finished your first marathon in an amazing time! Allison hung back with me and nursed me along (my feet hurt and after 10 miles we would stop and rest them until we could start running again without pain. This happened for the entire rest of the race. Do you remember that spectacular finish? Go to this URL to revisit that finish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u1o69BCcN8 Even Tedy came down to greet us! Speaking of Tedy, you remember he, after the race, asked you if you needed something and you told him a beer and he went and got it for you. Well, the next year you ran again and when he asked you what you wanted at the end, you said, Kirk Herbstreit and then a few weeks later, the letter below came in the mail. As I said in the title this was my last marathon! I wish you many more happy marathons. Did you know Allison has applied for the lottery for The London Marathon next year?

1 comment:

  1. My biggest accomplishment to date! I would not have run it without a push from you and Allison?

    ReplyDelete