Wednesday, August 3, 2016

DECA!

I'm not sure when your interest in fashion began. Perhaps, it was at the Esprit Store on our trip to California when you were 5. Anyway, you became a fashion diva at least from middle school on. In high school you took time to participate and compete in DECA (Distributed Education Club of America). You competed in the Fashion (of course) Merchandising Promotion Plan Event your junior and senior years. Both years you finished first in the district competition and as a junior you placed in the state competition and went on to nationals in Los Angeles. I thought you should have won as a senior at states, but I think you were forced to compete early and I think the judges eased up on the scoring as the event went on. We enjoyed going with you to the state competitions, and I believe the competition helped to build your formidable presentation skills. Pictured below are your trophies from 1st place in the districts, your medals for participation at states and your pin from the national event.
I forget your actual promotions, do you recall their subject? Below you are receiving your award in the state competition your senior year. Your name is also on the screen!

1 comment:

  1. yes I think the brand-oriented mindset started with Esprit. The promotions I did were a prom theme for Elder Beerman (junior year) and a Valentine's event for Tiffany (senior year). I agree that my senior project blew my junior project out of the water. judges definitely made a mistake:)

    ReplyDelete