Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Really Special Moments!

You can say that our relationship has had many bucket list moments, and this blog is all about them, including the most special one of all, "Father Of The Bride". But the moments I treasure most are the moments we spent together each evening when you were young. I would read to you. You had your favorite books, and this was one of mine.
I also enjoyed Brer Rabbit stories and Sesame Street stories. I remember singing the 12 days of Christmas as "The Count". His 12 days were a little different than the traditional version. It was also a time of general silliness which, in all humility, I'm pretty good at. At the end of the stories there would be prayers and "the final tuck", which most times was reserved for Mom. I like to think that your early exposure to reading has given way to a lifelong love of literature. When you come home I still try to suggest books that might interest you. One that I gave you not long ago, "The Storied Life of AJ Fikry", is a story about a father-daughter relationship enhanced through literature. I hope all the stories enhanced your love of books. The experience of that nightly ritual enriched my life immeasurably and I would gladly trade many tomorrows to go back to those nights.

1 comment:

  1. I loved our stories and hope to have the same bed time rituals for our kids!

    ReplyDelete