Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Snowshoe

Most fathers can make or build things for their children. I'm sorry, but I'm not one of those fathers. The fort, which we have talked about earlier, was my only contribution of that kind. I do like stories and literature, and here is where I could give you something special. We would always make up stories! I never really thought about writing anything down. But one Christmas I wrote Allison a story. It was called "Allison's Afghan" but it was really about Allison's "um". You played a prominent part in that story. After that I thought I should write you a story for Christmas about Christmas, and "Snowshoe" was born.
We shared the story with our Indian Princess tribe and the dads encouraged me to publish it. I did get it illustrated, by Ann Bain, but I never really pursued publishing it. That is fine with me, because it is your story. If you decide to have children, maybe they will enjoy it too. I'm working on a collection of really short adventure stories for Emma, which I'm also going to try to illustrate myself (no kidding). It is called "The Tall Tales of Gucci, The Great." Many of these I have told and retold Emma as I refine them.

1 comment:

  1. So special! Can't wait to see your illustration skills!

    ReplyDelete