Monday, August 22, 2016

The Nanny You Didn't Know!

Today is a sad day for me, it was my mother's birthday. She was the Nanny you never knew. She died a little less than one year before you were born. She was a great mother and a great nanny to Allison. Cancer cheated her out of the endless joy you and Allison could have brought her. She died at age 56. I'm sure you remember this, but there is one story about my mother I would like to tell again. When I was in college she worked at Lamont Geological Laboratory, a research facility that was parented by Columbia University. It was the summer of 1969 and the US had just put men on the moon! While they were there, they collected rock samples and these samples were sent to Lamont Geological Laboratory for testing. "Moon rocks" were very big and no one had access to them, except the people at Lamont. One evening that summer Mom surprised us all when she came home with a moon rock still in her lab coat pocket. She brought it back to the lab, but it gives you a picture of my mom's adventurous nature. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Mom! I'm sorry you never met Laura, she is way better than moon rocks!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday nanny! I hear I get my height from you!

    ReplyDelete