Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Golf!

Golf was your best sport! You started playing in middle school and continued through high school. You won many trophies. What was nice about golf is we got to share it with you. We joined NCR Country Club, and you and I spent many afternoons playing together. One of my fondest memories was when you and I were teeing off one Sunday afternoon on the north course. Just behind us on the 1st tee was Lars Nyberg, the CEO of NCR and his son. You stepped up to the tee with your "Big Bertha" and crushed it! I followed your shot with a horrible tee shot! But you did great! There were many Sunday afternoons that you, Mom and I spent on the course and then went to 19th hole for dinner, but watching you in the district, sectional and state tournaments by far were the most exciting experiences for us. I remember how your score of 90 helped your team secure an invitation to the state tournament your senior year! You were on fire that day! What a great experience playing in the State Championships, on the Scarlet and Gray course of OSU your senior and junior year, must have been for you. I know that Mom and I enjoyed following your foursome like in a pro tournament.
Here is the state tournament poster from your junior year when your team finished 9th in the state.
And this is the poster from your senior year when your team finished 7th!
This is a picture of your championship trophies including The Junior Women's Club title at NCR!
These are pictures of your second place finishes!
You concluded a great prep career by winning the Centerville Coaches Award for 2001 and earning a Miami Valley Golfers Association Scholarship! (Receiving scholarship at awards banquet shown below)
I hope that you continue to play! Who knows? Someday you may know the joy of watching your child compete in a State Championship!

1 comment:

  1. This inspires me to get back out there! Jared even wants to play on our honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete