Thursday, August 25, 2016

Running 1

One thing we have shared as a father and daughter is our love for running! We have run together in Centerville in the Americana Festival and in numerous Turkey Trots but one of the very best was the Paris to Versailles Run. It is a 10 mile road race from the Eiffel Tower
to the Gates of Versailles.
You, Allison and I ran it together. Mom coordinated logistics, brought our dry clothes and found us all at the end race. Do you remember that hill? Hill, it was more like a mountain. We climbed for over 1 mile. It was neat running with about 10,000 French people. Unfortunately, I was running slowly, on old knees and could not keep up with you and Allison. I hope you continue to run! To me it is play and we all must play to satisfy our inner child! Here's to many more miles! Tomorrow I will reminiscence over our greatest race together, the Boston Marathon.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that race so much! Since Jared and I love Paris so much I hope to go back wih him to do it!

    ReplyDelete